Lewis Hamilton, pilot of the Mercedes team, won the Spanish Grand Prix, the fifth race of the season in Formula 1. The Great British pilot ranked first consecutively.
The fifth race of the season in Formula 1 was held at 4,655 km of circuit de Barcelona- Catalunya, Spain. Mercedes pilot Lewis Hamilton, who started the race in pole position, maintained his position at the start. However, his team-mate Valtteri Bottas lost his second place to Sebastian Vettel from the Ferrari team. The safety car period started in the first round due to accident which Romain Grosjean from Haas team caused. The period finished in the sixth round. Ferrari pilot Kimi Raikkonen had to leave the race in the 27th round due to a breakdown in the car’s engine.
Hamilton, who made a “pit stop” after the first three pilots was ahead of Sebastian Vettel and Bottas in 28th round. Vettel who made “pit stop” during the implementation of the virtual safety car in 42nd round, got behind Max Verstappen of the Red Bull team and was ranked 4th. Hamilton has performed well since the beginning of the race, reached second and his 64th championship of his career. Bottas, who was 20.5 seconds behind Hamilton, was 2nd, while Verstappen was 26.8 seconds behind was third. Championship leader Hamilton scored 95 with this result. Vettel (78 points) and Bottas (58 points) follow Hamilton. The Monaco Grand Prix, the season’s sixth race, is on May 27th.
Spanish Grand Prix Result
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
2. Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes)
3. Max Verstappen (Red Bull-TAG Heuer)
4. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari)
5. Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull-TAG Heuer)
6. Kevin Magnussen (Haas-Ferrari)
7. Carlos Sainz (Renault)
8. Fernando Alonso (McLaren-Renault)
9. Sergio Perez (Force India-Mercedes)
10. Charles Leclerc (Alfa Romeo Sauber)
- Lewis Hamilton (United Kingdom): 95 points
2. Sebastian Vettel (Germany): 78
3. Valtteri Bottas (Finland): 58
4. Kimi Raikkonen (Finland): 48
5. Daniel Ricciardo (Australia): 47